LIST OF ONTARIO CAS GROUPS
If handled by the Catholic Childrens Aid Society,
you must apply to 26 Maitland St. Toronto M4Y 1C6
Phone number 416-395-1650 fax 416-395 1616
If it was handled privately, that is, through a doctor or lawyer, apply directly to the Ministry (see numbers above).
If you do not know who handled your adoption, you may ask your adoptive parents or other family member, or you can contact the Ministry (see above) and ask.
Non-indenifying information should contain the following -
Please note that most agencies have extensive waiting lists for the provision of Non-identifying history, but this information is invaluable when conducting a search, so apply as soon as possible.
- -birth details that relate to the adoptee
- -care of the adoptee prior to the placement
- -date of placement
- -date of the adoption order
- -description of the adopting family: approx. ages, levels of education, physical characteristics, hobbies, ethnic origin and fields of employment.
- -name of placement agency and follow up
RETURN to the main page.