ONTARIO ONLY-SEE BELOW
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH CHILDRENS AID SOCIETY THAT HANDLED YOUR ADOPTION CONTACT
ADOPTION DISCLOSURE REGISTRY
Ministry of Community & Social Services 2 Bloor Street West, 24 th Floor,
Toronto, Ontario, M7A 1E9
(telephone 416-327-4730, fax 416-327-0573)
This is a social history profile about your birth family and the circumstances leading to your adoption.
You are entitled to this information
under Ontario's Child & Family Services Act.
If your adoption was handled
through a Children's Aid Society, you must apply to that agency.
LIST OF ONTARIO CAS GROUPS
If handled by the Catholic Childrens Aid Society,
you must apply to 26 Maitland St. Toronto M4Y 1C6
Phone number 416-395-1650 fax 416-395 1616
If it was handled privately, that is, through a doctor or lawyer, apply directly
to the Ministry (see numbers above).
If you do not know who handled your adoption, you may ask your adoptive parents
or other family member, or you can contact the Ministry (see above) and ask.
When applying for non-identifying background information, include as much
of the following data as you know-
Non-identifying background information is compiled from the file an agency
or the Ministry has about your birth family. How much information you can
obtain depends wholly upon how much information was gathered and
recorded when you were born, and may include some or all of the following-
- -- Full adoptive name
- -- Exact date of birth
- -- City or town where you were born
- -- Full names and address of adoptive parents when you went to live
- -- Your birth name(if known)
- -- Include a photocopy of your birth certificate,baptismal certificate, or driver's licence.
- -- Include current name, address and phone number and e-mail address
- -ages of birth parents, their parents (ie. birth grandparents) and
siblings (ie. birth aunts and uncles)-birth family's ethnic origin/
- -languages spoken-descriptions of birth relatives personalities,
hobbies, talents and interests and physical appearances-medical infor-
- -levels of education attained and general employment history
- -marital status of birth parents, grandparents etcetera
- -outline of birth parents' relationship & circumstances leading to
takes any where from 30 days to (2) years in TORONTO and up to (4) years
in some other locations.
APPLY AS SOON AS POSIBLE
Click here to return to the main page. Produced by Alice and Rick Macdonald.